The Good On You App is a response to the challenge of making shopping choices that meet your everyday needs while also doing good on the issues you care about.
The Good On You App changes that. It makes it easier than ever before to find brands and companies that do better by their workers, the environment and animals. And it was made possible by crowdfunding on StartSomeGood.
Good On You’s Communications Director Bethany explains how they got to this point:
We knew we wanted to give the largest possible number of conscious consumers an amazing tool that would make it incredibly easy to shop more ethically. We were testing an online store with brand ratings and a similar browser extension. We were conducting scores of individual user interviews. By May we knew we had to develop an app.
So we went to you, our community. We needed help to build it. We needed at least $15,000 to be exact. So when we raised $20,000 in three weeks we were good to go and more!
What’s different about Good on You?
- fashion focus with more than 3,000 brands listed
- suggests alternative brands that do better on the issues you care about
- personalised to your values, and you can even teach it your style (think Tinder for brands)
- tells you the closest stores or online options for your chosen brand
- makes it easy to give direct feedback to companies from within the app
The app launched in late November and received 12,000 downloads by Christmas. After being featured on Triple J’s Hack program they even trended on the Apple App store!
Good On You is available for both iOS and Android, check it out now and commit to ethical shopping!
And if you need to raise funds to change the world, get started today! We’d love to help.